Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Moment of Kindness

In an effort to continue my life without too many interruptions I've begun taking public transportation to the office in the city a few days a week. In the past I would either ride the entire way or drive to the Golden Gate Bridge park and then ride across the bridge into the city. I can't drive right now so the bus is my alternative.

Last night I was standing at the bus stop in the city when I saw my bus. So I went to the curb and waved my hand. I thought the bus driver saw me but apparently he didn't and he continued past me and through the traffic light. The driver of the bus behind him saw what happened pulled over and told me to jump on. He then proceeded to weave through traffic and get ahead of the bus that passed me by. We caught up to my intended bus and I was able to get on my bus home. Would he have done this if I was not hobbling around on crutches? Who knows but it was really nice of him.

So a big thanks goes out to Joel driving the bus to Santa Rosa.

Barb

2 Comments:

At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. That's an amazing bus story coming out of the bay area... one of only a very few I've ever heard (or experienced) that are actually positive!
Heal fast.

 
At 12:40 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I've never heard positive stories about bus drivers from this area either. So I was pleasantly suprised to find so many of them helpful and nice.

I'm being good with my healing and listening to the Dr.

Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home