Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What did I do wrong?

Who have I offended?
What did I do wrong?
Why is my luck so bad?
If there is a god why does that god hate me so much?

First off the whole achilles thing was a total freak accident, my foot wasn't even touching the ground when it popped. Now just when things are looking good, the staples and first cast are scheduled to come off on Thursday, my leg doesn't hurt anymore, I don't have to sleep with my leg propped up on a pillow, I can make it home on public transport from San Fran without incident, I can clear a flight of stairs up or down without dabbing.

I slip on a treacherous sidewalk and eat shit ten feet from my door and bend my toes backwards. That really hurt (I'm trying not to use swear words even though they are appropriate in this situation). I'm hoping I didn't do any damage to my already damaged foot.


aaaarg.

I'm going to wallow in self pity for a few minutes then eat some painkillers.

Barb

6 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh barb, please have josh carry you around from now on...

sorry to hear of the incident, chew as many pain killers as your tummy will let you!

-mary

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Jen Tilley said...

dang, barb. you're more clumsy than i am! ok ok. don't mean to poke fun of you in a time of pain, but narcotics heal all- at least for the next 4 hours. :)

you're a tough cookie... those stitches look crazy!

jt

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger bikesgonewild said...

...gosh, barb, hang in there...you're not only a seriously tough-ass bike chick but you're also an eloquent voice for the sport...

...as i said before, you (& josh) are a real cycling presence, so we wanna you see back at it, strong & healthy...

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Wendy Simms said...

"eat shit" is a perfectly acceptable term. I believe it is even in the dictionary. Perhaps you will be emailed it as your word of the day tomorrow. nerd.

 
At 6:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Barb,

I hope everything was still in tac when the cast came off today. When people feel pitty on me at work with my casted arm, I just show them your blog and the picture of your staples and then no one feels sorry for me anymore.
I know you are a germ-aphobe so I will ask you this question.......How do you keep the stench down coming from your cast? My wrist stinks and I have this friggin cast on for 3 more weeks. All though yes, it is probably my fault for sweating my brains out on the compu-trainer the last 3 days.

Take care,
Natasha

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Hey Natasha,

I think the only way to keep your cast from stinking is to be as immobile as possible. I recomend sitting for long periods of time doing nothing more than typing or turning the pages of a book. Of course large amounts of this behavior could result in dimished fitness. You're stoked you didn't have to get surgery.

barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home