Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Shower

Yesterday my cast was sawed off and the staples removed from my leg. My leg is now strapped into a velcro contraption and I'm allowed to put a little tiny bit of weight onto it. Too much weight and pain shoots up my leg. The incision still looks ugly and my leg is already shrinking. My leg disgusts me.

















I took a real actual shower this morning. A luxury I've been deprived of for too long. It was marvelous, I stayed in the shower for a long time. I rubbed lotion on my gimpy leg.

One of the few benefits of being gimpy is I now have my own gimp pass. I can park in the blue zones, I don't have to pay for metered parking, and the 20 minute green zones are now my personal park as long as you want zones.

In one more month I can trade my gimp sticks for a pimp stick. During the next few weeks I'll be removing the heel lifts from under my foot slowly (and painfully) stretching my tendon back to it's original length. Or maybe I'll just be going crazy. The ortho did say that I could ride my bike on a trainer one legged. Now I just need a trainer and a cleat on the velcro boot.

Barb

2 Comments:

At 6:23 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

time to work on flair for the pimp stick

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger The Sage said...

Ah yes the first shower with out a cast is the best.

You so need to rock a pimp stick. Pink flames.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home