Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Friday, October 06, 2006

A different kind of Training


While Josh is off training and racing on the East Coast, I've headed to the East Side of the Sierras for my own kind off training. I started with jacking my knees Monday night in the climbing gym and not being able to walk on Tuesday. Fortunately I was able to drive and drove over to Bishop, CA. Stopped in Tulomne and watched clouds float around Tenaya Peak and Half Dome. I'm staying with my friend Lisa B. who recently became a homeowner. Her house is fantastic, it was built in 1912 and all of the woodwork, doors, floors and windows are original.


Wednesday was a slow restful day, my knees felt better but were still not up for anything active. So we muckled around, played with the dog, hung out in the sun and drank lots of water. In the late afternoon we headed up the grade to Mammoth for a little stress relief.





Afterwards I did a bit of shopping at the best mountaineering shop ever, Mammoth Mountaineering Supply. If you're ever in the area and need something stop in and buy it there. They have everything you need as well as the latest and greatest for rock climbing, backpacking, telemark, randonee, and nordic skiing. Once I ran out of money, we headed over to my friend Dave's house and I scared the crap out of him by banging on his kitchen window while he was engrossed in removing the meat from a chicken carcass. The carcass had been well picked over and a large bowl of cashews was not enough to eat so we went out for dinner at Roberto's. Dinner at Roberto's has never failed to produce a good case of the refried bean bloat. I was not disappointed this time around. Roberto's has the BEST flour tortilla chips, if you are ever there make sure to ask for them.

That's all for now, I'll fill everyone in on the rest of the week later!

Barb

3 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

Nice gun, Barb. Good to see a post from you.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I finally have something interesting to post. I will be starting up the cycingnews.com diaries some time really soon so everyone in the world will know what I've been up to.

see ya

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Saddle Museum said...

Your Oregon-based fan club is looking forward to seeing you muddy and dirty and kicking ass on the bike again soon, Barb. But your non-bike blogs are cool too. You look like a ruthless ruffian with that gat.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home