Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Friday, September 29, 2006

Cool, we made it!

Simon and I had a relatively smooth trip to NY. I did discover that you can talk on your cell phone till the plane is just about mooving and they can't tell. I had to re-reserve our car rental from the plane as we were just about to take off since I accidentally reserved it for 4pm, when we were actually ariving at about 11pm.

Once we got to NY, things went pretty smooth. In JFK airport there is an "airtrain" that you have to ride to get to the car rentals. Apparently there had been some kind of a bomb scare (someones backpack was probably sitting unclaimed somewhere in the airport) and part of the train's territory was not being accessed so there were TONS of people on there. It was pretty funny actually. We made some friends and got to expalin cyclocross a couple times.

As we hit the road in the rental car, the first song that came on the radio was Pantera's "5 minutes alone" which totally stoked us out. I burned some rubber and we got that bitch up to speed, I can assure you.

We got to the host housing around 2am, the place is awesome. We got some good sleep and now we're off to find some coffee and lunch since we just got up and it's noon, we must have missed breakfast.

2 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Brent said...

ya boss. See you in Mass.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger swiggco world said...

Pantera......hmmm, I would have wanted Motorhead for my first noise of the New Jack city. I guess you can't pick what the radio plays, unless you work there. Go and bust up some turf for the homies. Gwan widja. Swiggboss.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home