Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Dang! I've been busy!

The cross season is upon us, and I think I'm ready for it. I've got both bikes all built up, about half the tires are glued and the legs are coming around. I'm getting excited for my trip to the east coast and I'm looking forward to to having some adventures with my teammate Simon Vickers. I've been staying super busy working at the bike shop and doing repairs at my house.

Raced the first race last weekend, in Folsom. It was a good opener for me, I did my best not to kill myself. Chris Mcgovern was there and he was looking pretty fit, we rode together for about the first 4 laps till I made some mistakes and he got his gap... After that I just rode around and got to remember what an hour of cyclocross feels like! It's always a shock- time just seems to stand still. I'll race tomorrow at the CCCX race. It should be fun, it's a nice course.

I'll leave on thursday for New York. I'm expecting these races to be a lot tougher than last year since it's the week before Gloucester and everyone want's to get some points before then, myself included. This is a fun race in a nice area- The Hamptons. I'll bring my computer and try to update the blog as I travel around. Promise.

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger swiggco world said...

How about those wheels, beeatch- did we style ya or what? Actually you can thank two poeple specifically besides the obvious Larry Burke at Mavic. Benefactor # 1, Aaron Odell......quitters get no wheels, this is fine as they don't need any. Benefactor #2, David Wyandt....seems Dave has an aversion to tubulars....you win. I figure that you and simon are gadabouting more than anyone else on the team so you get the resources. Sometimes things roll your way.....it's shweeet. Yeah, I know-they aren't tires but where do your tires go? Cheers, swiggboss.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Super sick! I can't wait to glue the tyres on- I'll post the official, fully teamed out bike pictures next week! -j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home