Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Oops. Back to sucking at 'cross.

I don't know what was going on today, I couldn't get out of my own way. I had a shitty start and wound up riding along in about 10th-11th place for the first few laps. Then guys started riding up to me and having their way with me. I just couldn't climb worth a fart and there was a signifigant and windy climb again today so I was getting dropped each time up that. I was really pissed when my legs came around on the last lap- I started going fast and it didn't do me any good because the others were way out of range. I also punctured a Dugast while pre-riding the course.

6 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Zoo said...

17th is still pretty good. I did not like this new course either, felt like crap on it compared to yesterday. Oh well, better luck next time I guess.

 
At 5:44 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks dude. I actually liked the course better today but I just couldn't get going. I was glad they didn't run us through that mud. The descent was pretty fun and all around I thought it had a better flow today, the climb was kind of broken up and seemed shorter even though I went slower up it... I can't tell you how pissed I was when I actually started feeling good on the last lap! Weird.

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bummer about the Dugast. I hope you can fix it.

 
At 9:43 AM, Blogger Brent said...

short term memory sneads.
Congrats on your 9th.. run with it.

B

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Josh
It was great to spend time with you and watch you race. You are correct to say that we are a second family to you.

We know what two halves may make the whole Dave; jew and werewolf. If you were to have to choose what two halves would make you recognizable in a pub, what would they be?

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Zoo said...

Josh, FYI, they have a good pic of you on Sunday going over the barrier: http://www.mainecyclingclub.com/2006/2006CrossWeekend/album/index.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home