Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Monday, September 04, 2006

What's new?!

Well, lots of stuff. I haven't raced since Vacaville, so I've been doing some other stuff. Took some time to cool the jets and put some hours in at work. Gotta stash some $$$ for cx season! I've been training all along, of course. Just in the last 3 weeks or so though I've really begun laying the groundwork for a hard season of cyclocross. All the lame stuff- core exercises, jogging (the horror!), the dreaded high knees.

But I've gotten to do a lot of really cool stuff too! Like riding the fixed gear, pedaling the hours away in the fog on the new cross bike and hopping around on a trials bike I got. Yep, the kind with the 20" wheels, hydraulic rim brakes, big fat bouncy rear tire and basically no seat. I think it has a 22tx19t drivetrain. Bashgaurd. It's super fun, maybe it'll help my hops over the barriers... maybe. I can hop it up some stuff and jump it around on the back wheel, it's fun. Makes you arms super sore.

I'm now officially working at Breaking Away Bicycles in Ross. It's been open for about a month and it's really fun! If you're riding through Marin, stop in and say hi. It's right across from Ross commons. I've always got a job or two going on here at the house too, drop me a line if you need a bike dialed in! I've got a pretty solid shop at my house. I'll overhaul Campy levers too, I'd like to start doing more of that since I can do 'em pretty quick now.

Barb and I went to Jamaica 2 weeks ago, it was incredible! We stayed at my road teams namesake, the Russel Hall Villa! I'll post a full report sometime soon, I promise.

I also got some DJ turntables and a mixer for $60.00 at my neighbor's yardsale. Mom totally sold them off while kid's at college- I got about 30 records for an additional $9! It's pretty fun making mix tapes and doing some bad scratching. Defitely sucks time.

That's the main stuff with me. Barb is still not really training and that's a drag. I'm pretty sad that she won't be coming to all the fun 'cross races with me this year, but she'll be back eventually.

2 Comments:

At 10:11 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

yes she will

and everyone should get together and do the high knees thing.

just for laughs

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

oops. that was me...too lasy to change the sign in

-sabine

 

Post a Comment

<< Home