Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Nocturnal Aquatic Rodents

So last nights middle of the night pee turned into an adventure. It was 3 am and I awoke to plopping sounds of water. Odd water sounds are normal in our apartment, the shower drips all the time. Since I was awake it seemed like a good time for a pee. The weird water noises continued, peaking my curiosity so I turned on the light. There was a large rat in the toilet swimming for its life. I was at a loss, Josh is up in Reno for the Tour de Nez so it's just me and kitty and she just wanted to keep sleeping. So I called my parents, it might be 3am here but it's 6 am in Pittsburgh and I know they are awake. Neither of them had any great ideas of what to do with the rat. So I took some pictures, put a weight on the toilet lid and went back to sleep. This morning the rat is still swimming around and I can't take my morning constitutional. I think it's time to head to work.

9 Comments:

At 11:35 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

That is just 12 kinds of nasty

And I can't help but feel sorry for the poor rat. But I would have been at a loss for what to do too.

Good thing you turned on the light.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

rescue it!!!!!

 
At 8:13 AM, Blogger swiggco world said...

ain't life the shits........down in the dumps again.....I'll bet that rat won't be ready when the shit comes down.....on my monitor that rat appears quite turd-like. If the rat is still swimming when you get home you might think about entering it in the rat olymipics, maybe the rat escape from alcatraz.Have you been putting some cytomax in the water? Cheers, Paul.

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger EB said...

Pillowcase. Put the pillowcase in the toilet, let the rat swim in, then put the pillowcase outside or shake the rat out.

If there's one thing creepier than a live rat in your toilet it's a drowned rat. *Shudder*

 
At 12:26 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

So, how's the rat doing? Still swimming?

What would you do if you found the rat outside, like in a 5 gallon bucket swimming for it's life? Kill it or save it?

It's interesting, if I saw a rat in my yard I'd be thinking, "kill that damn thing" but seeing the picture of it in the toilet swimming for it's life rendered thoughts such as "save the poor thing."

I must have been dropped as a child and not had my bike helmet on!

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger marscat said...

maybe it escaped from Petaluma

Rats

 
At 2:38 PM, Blogger Lorri Lee Lown -- velogirl said...

OMG! I always turn the lights on and check in the bowl for rats and snakes and monsters. I've never seen one (until your blog). Porta-potties kinda freak me out too, especially the "permanent" ones at the parks.

If this were me, I'd have to move -- I could never sit on that toilet again without imagining some rat nibbling on my butt.

So, what did you do with it?

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unbelievable, the same thing happened to my wife.Noise in the middle of the night, might as well have a pee. Except after the pee, it climbed out. Thats when I had to go hunting.

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It just happened to me. I poured bleach and sno-bowl on it and it died. Then we just flushed it away. We decided to pour bleach down the toliet after each use. It is the basement toliet which gets infrequent use. So hopefully that will solve our problem.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home