Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Saturday, November 04, 2006

Well, if you're going to have a cyclocross race at altitude...

...why not just have one underwater? Because that's what racing at altitdue feels like when you live at sea level. I got off to an ok start after getting a 4th row line up. I found out how valuable my measly 2 UCI points are since they actually called everyone else up in order of registration and Simon was #87... this was only the start of Simons troubles.

I went along for a couple laps till gradually... painfully... I'm going backwards. I'm getting passed by gangs of 4 and 5 guys and no matter what I do I just can't get going. I keep looking down and seeing my chain on the 25t cog. There was a surprising number of people yelling at me from the sidelines which was encouraging, but in spite of this I did a little math and figured that if I'm looking at no UCI points, no series points and no money- it's time to head for the mini-van. I had a grim 10 or 15 minutes in the van after doing everything I could to resist flinging my bike up into a tree.

Little did I know that Simon had fared way worse than I did. He got claimed by the same whoopty that got me yesterday but he ended up with a mild concussion, a dislocated finger and a bruised up back! He is pretty jacked up tonight, you can get the full scoop at teamrockblogster.blogspot.com/. That poor son of a bitch is definitely not going to be pinning a # on tomorrow.

So anyway, we're watching Planes, Trains and Automobiles and kicking back. I'm planning on definitely finishing tomorrow's sweet underwater race, barring disaster.

1 Comments:

At 9:45 PM, Blogger swiggco world said...

Whoops, at least you still got one melon left. Good luck and keep the rubber side down.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home