Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

OK, we're back.

I've been pretty busy just lately what with getting a cold, a new job, training, racing, you know... Stuff. I'm putting some fancy- schmantzy bikes together at a shop in the Marina district in SF called Bikenut. It's a nice shop that has been in business for about 7 months, it seems like a good fit for me. It's pretty part time, and I can skip work to race, etc. so I think it's good.

I had a rugged cold last week, but it's passed. I think the rainy crit from last weekend in Stockton was the last straw so I was pretty much homebound for a couple days. I'm better now. I'm going to Tulsa this weekend for 3 days of racing with my teammates Christian, Jamiel and Rob. Rob's girlfriend Shellie is coming along as well, she's the one who hit the gas off the start at the Stockton crit and stayed away for the whole race and the win in one of her first p/1/2 races! Jamiel has been riding great lately, he won the Modesto crit last weekend and got 3rd yesterday so I think we're looking good for Tulsa.

Barb seems to be getting better, we rode for 3 hours the other day. She's still pretty tired from any riding (and working!) but generally she's improving. Cyclocross is just around the corner!

3 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

Josh - forward this to your teammate?

RhVilla rider (aaron?),

man, I apologize for being an a-hole in that break at the STBikes crit. Regardless if I agree or disagree with how you rode, me throwing some spit on your legs was the epitome of jerkwad behavior and I feel more and more disgusted by my action.

I offer my apology and will submit myself to a few snot-rockets from you and your teammates at the next race.

my bad and damn sorry,
michael hernandez

 
At 11:04 AM, Blogger Dennis said...

Josh: Kick ass in Tulsa!

So now we know the answer to the question, "Does MH spit or swallow"? (Seriously... anybody can do something dumb in a race, but it takes a good person to own up to it... honorable ownership, MH.)

 
At 8:59 AM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

both, if the price is right.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home