Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

A little encouragment is all I needed


So I've been very quiet lately both online and in person. You may or may not know that I got an evil mystery virus in Belgium and had to lay low for a long time. Two months off the bike is scary, even scarier is when you don't care that you aren't riding. Last week I started to feel better and my new favorite doctor told me I could start riding again. One hour a day every other day with HR under 130 was the prescription.

So I'm riding home from work, my second day on the bike in two months going as fast as cold molasses. This was ok by me because it felt good to be pedaling again. I had worn the team skinsuit to work because it doesn't ride up under a backpack, riding around in a skinsuit feels good, and I figured it won't get action anytime soon so why not. As I'm pedaling over the little hill between work and home (which I've ridden at least 1000 times in the last few years) enjoying the evening sun creeping along nearing the top of the climb and woman comes past me. She's got the cap sleeve arm warmer gap thing going on, a bike fashion no no, aero bars and a bento box. Not that there's too much wrong with that, she is definitely going faster than me. As she come by me she says in a you go girl, women power, positive, affirmative chipper voice "you're almost there!". Thanks.

Barb

6 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Camino Alto? Or the bike path next to Redwood Highway between Lomita and Meadowsweet?

I used to work for Tony at ABO from 1994-2002, when I moved to Utah.

 
At 9:25 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Camino Alto between Mill Valley and Larkspur. ABO is still a practice in insanity, each week I lose another marble.

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

gobarbgo

but don't be too hard on us sleeve/armwarmer goobers

it is so hard to find them long and skinny

 
At 10:30 AM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

Barb

I am so glad you are feeling better. But those winged chrysanthemum dogs are freaking me out

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

barb = funny

 
At 6:13 PM, Blogger swiggco world said...

I say ride her into the curb next time. Bento box? She get bento bike! Good to hear you are pedaling again. Cheers, Paul@Rock Lobster manufacturer of 'lil' wee' race bike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home