Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Friday, February 09, 2007

OK GODDAMNIT! I'll write a new blog post...

I've really had no motivation to even look at this damned blog, but what the hell. I'll do my best to start it back up again...

I've been practicing on the decks a lot and trying, TRYING! to make a tape that you can listen to and not cringe. It's harder than it might seem. I've moved on from my original turntables that I got at a yardsale, I have the real ones now (technics sl-1200's) with a pretty decent mixer. So I have the basics covered, as far as the gear goes. I have a pretty good couple crates of records now too. Most of them were Hooptie's (http://web.mac.com/robevans1/iWeb/ODHBikes/Home.html), but I've been digging at some record stores and thrift stores and on ebay and I've expanded the collection quite a bit. Here's my setup as it is...



I've been training again, now that it's raining like a bastard. I took nearly 6 weeks off the bike, something I've never really done in at least the last 5 years. I did ride a little here and there, but I was mainly off. It was really pretty nice! But it feels great to do some training again.

Barb has been training again too, her illness seems to have mostly gone away. We've had some fun rides together and we've even done a few laps at Tamarancho- mountain bikes really are fun. Anyway, I'll try and post a little more and make Barb post too. I still need to do a nationals re-cap, that was actually pretty epic...

2 Comments:

At 9:07 AM, Blogger swiggco world said...

all that scratchin' gone make you itch. Thanks for waking up, bruddah. I'm waiting to hear the tape. I'll get you a copy of my christmas CD. It's belcholicious. Cheers, swiggboss.

 
At 11:09 AM, Blogger Brent said...

send tapes to my new address in Bend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home