Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Is it still a vacation if you don't have a job?


Barb and I are planning a trip to the Mojave desert next week! She's been affected by a strange low-energy virus kind of thing for the last few months(!) and the rainy weather has been bumming her (and me) out. So we're hoping for sunshine, or at least t-shirt temps. It'll be nice for her to get away from the bike shop, I really have no excuse since I'm kind of unemployed... I'm bringing my bike, I think there's some roads to go around on so I'll be doing some training in preparation for Copperopolis. I probably won't do a full blown week in anticipation of that race, but just be on the saddle enough so I'm not blown off the back on the first lap. We're hoping to have an adventure, get out of town, and just see what it's like down there. We're going to be camping and sleeping out in the tent! I'm really hoping we'll get some sun, it's just been ridiculous around here this spring. I'm tired of training (and racing) in the rain, it's true, but at least I'm training and racing! Barb has kept a pretty good outlook on life during her illness, but the weather has really put her over the edge! She's very tough, but a mystery virus combined with this kind of weather is enough to drive any bike racer to madness... I'll try and provoke her to post here, I've been (barely) holding down the fort so maybe she will check in- She could probably use some fan mail right about now so if you're reading this and you feel like it, give her a shout!

6 Comments:

At 10:35 PM, Blogger Velo Bella said...

SHOUT!!

lots of people asking me about Barb at Sea Otter.

You are missed.

Get some warm healing rays and come back to play with us soon.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Get well Barb!!! You have to kick butt again at Nevada City!! Just get better....and the weather will change soon!

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

the barbarella will rise!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger X Bunny said...

the sun will come out
and you will feel better
honest

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks ya'll for the encouragement, this waffle virus don't even care that I can't ride low energy stuff sucks. Tomorrow morning we drive until the sun comes out. It could be a long drive. I promise to give a report complete with pictures!

Barbarella

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The expat fred community of northern Italy is hoping you feel better soon!

Enjoy the Mojave!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home