Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Monday, March 27, 2006

The ol' Track Iron vs. The Rain

Today I got to toil around in the POURING rain on my fixed gear. It was windy too. But my legs felt good so I got to just go around smiling at people who I could tell were totally pissed to be caught in the rain. I was pretty cold when I was done, but I managed to get the prescribed hours in so I was pleased. I pretty much had enough rain on saturday, but oh well. At least there weren't any derailleur cables to foul up. Looks like more of the same for tomorrow. I think I can crank it on the trainer instead, sensibly. I'm starting to get excited for the Brisbane races this weekend, I won that circuit once when I was a cat3 and I'd sure like to do that again.
YES!!!

5 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger swiggco world said...

You mean there are no losers in an ice cream eating contest...that is unless you are lactose intolerant like me. Hey, I read it ! You guys were the first to read pinchablog. I might not be doing to many entries as I have to recover from that night....I rode about 4 1/2 hours the next day and it felt like somebody was taking an axe to my liver on the climbs.I guess that's not a good sign....cheers, Paul.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

hahoo!

i got in my ride just between rain storms, baby. I still need to drain my wheels from that Orosi bladder-fest, though. what grime-age.

I'm going to be skippin' the next couple weeks o' racin' to build up a nice block of training and smooching ... so, don't you get all fast n' crap on me.

I still want to be able to say I can swat your cross-eyed butt on the road.

... crap.

just make sure Barb can't beat me up a hill climb. feed her some ice cream, or sumpin.

~m

 
At 9:51 PM, Blogger Barb said...

At this rate, I don't think you have much to worry about, Vander. I've been out in the rain trying to do some super special bicycle racing exercises for the last couple days and getting REALLY MAD because things are definitely not going like they're supposed to. Today especially. I was supposed to motor pace, and even my alternative workout got done on the trainer after slogging around for like 2 hours in the wet on my tt bike. The stars were NOT aligned, and I think I should take back my bold comments regarding the outcome of this weekend. I will attend the race. I will attack with abandon. Beyond that- no promises. I'm going to kill the next person who starts telling me some bullshit about the power of positive thinking because every time I decide I'm going to win a race, my dick gets tangled up in my chainrings and I lose.

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

... shit, you owe me a new keyboard. that was f'in hilarious.

ah well ...remember, it's pretty damn rare that folks win them p1/2 races, yo. keep swingin and try not to dangle the meat too close to the chainrings.

 
At 11:29 AM, Blogger Jeremy Burlingame said...

josh you have to wear bike shorts---thats why i use em.

cool pic of the win last year.

jeremy
plusonelap.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home