Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Well, I squandered my stellar fitness today by riding busily and wasting it chasing breaks and attacking early. No breaks were even close to sticking and I could have sat in and had a nice kick at the end. Instead, I got 10th -best on our team- which means I got at least one point towards the omnium, and I have to go and race a rainy crit tomorrow. I kind of wish I had been 11th... We have all vowed to race smarter tomorrow, and I think I really am going to get to sit in and have a go at the finish. Pays out top 8, so we could get paid and BAT points.

Anyway it was our first day in the new uniforms, which look totally pimp so that was fun. I get to try the longsleeve skinny tomorrow, yay! Anyway, legs felt good but I raced like a numbskull and so did the rest of my team so perhaps tomorrow can be better.

Anyway, I feel I should post a sweet pic, so as I was looking through our iphoto album I discovered this gem. I present to you, Chef Mark.

5 Comments:

At 10:42 PM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Um, okay.....I've decided to go on a diet.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Almost forgot - Good luck at the crit tomorrow! Hope it stays dry out there!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks! I had no such luck, we got dumped on but it was still super fun. Report to follow...

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger swiggco world said...

My guess is that chef Mark is an excellent cook. -Just a hunch.

 
At 10:07 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I think he actually has a tv show. His name is Mark Vogel, he is a customer at Bike Odyssey.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home