Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sunday report, blah, blah, blah.



So sunday was a lot better. This crit course was cool, there was some weird off camber turns and a 180 haipin and lots of rain. I won the single prime of the race for omnium points after 20 minutes of racing or so. This also initiated a breakaway, and soon I was rolling along at a breakneck pace with 4 other guys. It started dumping rain. We went like hell and I worked too hard. On the las lap I tried to follow Ben Standish when he attacked but he was too fast and he went on to win. I attacked again after that and was seeing black and white. I'm surprised I didn't crash on that last lap because my eyes were rolled back up in my head. I was caught, and I had nothing in the sprint so I was 5th. This made me 4th in the "omnium" for the weekend and my teammate Christian was 8th, so we landed us some cash. I'm glad I went out and raced, I usually puss out on rainy races and crits in general but it was fun in the break. Can't wait for Santa Cruz!

3 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

nice work, DJ.

remember, Satan Cruz crit can be a race to waste a lot o' energy, too. Use your juice to follow the attacks on the hill, but you won't need to force the issue with your strength to weight ratio.

Play it cool and keep your strength under harness until late in the race. You've the form ... now use your mind to get you a nice lil result.

and ... be safe out there, brudda. It'll be wet ... but you know you can ride it. Grippy tires, no matter who the sponsor. Grippy tires.

~m

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks, dude! I'll have to stay smart at SC, that's for sure. You know I'm all about grippy tires! I ran Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheels w/ Veloflex Criterium tubulars @ 95psi on sunday and that worked pretty well. If I run my lighter wheels this week I'll be on cotton Dugasts. I'll Probably go 98psi with those because they are noticably more supple, if it rains (which it will). Thank goodness for no tire sponsors! -j

 
At 8:25 AM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Awesome!! Hey, good luck again this weekend - hope it stays dry out there. I dig your tire choice!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home