Quick and Dirty

Hey sicko, get your mind out of the gutter. This is about bike racing. And some other stuff.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Racing in the wind can be fun!

That's what I did today, and it was fun in a difficult and painful kind of way. I have spent the day riding with the group on windy days at flat races and it sucks. When breaks go away, they usually stick and are never seen again. So, today I just started attacking as soon as the race started and hey, it worked! I got in a good break with my teammate Dennis Guikema and a few others. I felt really good, I maybe put in some efforts early on that were a little much but that's how it goes sometimes when you're not used to being fit. We should have been able to figure out a way to win, but we had to settle for second (him) and third (me). It was sweet, although the field was small and most of the pros were at San Dimas. But heck, it was a race! We were going pretty good, by the end we had about 8 minutes on the field. Today was my first time in the top 3 at a P/1/2 race, and I made some $$$ so that was good. Dennis won the silly King Of the Mountains points contest too, I only say it was silly because there really wasn't much of a mountain. So, I'm pretty happy with it- I feel better after pussing out last weekend, the training was perfect so I guess it was a good choice. -j

5 Comments:

At 5:33 PM, Blogger norcalcyclingnews.com said...

oh, hell yeah.

nice to see you out there stompin' on the pedals DJ Snead.

shyte ... this blog is sooo gettin' linked.

latah,
m

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Chico Cyclist said...

Yep, the snowball is rollin' now......linked to OV's blog can only mean one thing - traffic!

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Yay! Someone read my blog besides me! What fun! I doubt this one will compare to Olafs, but I'll try to make it as sweet as I can. I mean we. Barb and I will be taking turns being dorks on here so I'll have to sign my messages like this -j

 
At 12:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

you can count me in on the traffic.

nice job DJS

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Thanks everybody! I'll try and stay up on the updates, and visit all yer blogs too! -j

 

Post a Comment

<< Home